Carrera Virtusso Front Hub

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
Hi Everyone. I'm new to the site so forgive me if this question has been asked before.

I'm currently overhauling the front hub on my son's Carrerra. It is an old bike and he is using it to see if he likes road bikes as opposed to MTB. Anyway to cut to the chase I removed the axle cleaned and greased it and replaced the bearings whereupon I came to my problem. When tightening it up the assembly the cone nut went in first but it is then covered with a plastic dust cover which slides over it and is held in place with a washer. Then the lock nut went on.

When tightening the lock nut I can't hold the cone nut as it is covered with this dammed plastic cover and washer. I spent 30 mins trying everything to no avail. I just can't stop the cone nut from over tightening when I tighten the lock nut. What am I missing AHHHHHHHHHHHHHH

raleighnut

Legendary Member
Get the cone spanner on to the cone before fitting the dust cover, washer and locknut. its only plastic/rubber so should deform enough to tighten the lock nut and allow you to slide out a thin cone spanner.

Top Bottom