Carlton cycle

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

ian allinson

Coming up for sale will be my late 1959 Carlton,

The frame is 57cm.

It has just had a new professional paint job, Gerry Burgess stem, Cresta bar, Weinmann brakes.
It is at the moment at a cycle shop owned by an ex Carlton employee who knowledge on my bike seemed to be endless.
He will be finishing off my bike with period used & new old stock parts inc:

Seat stem and seat possibly a Brooks in tan.
The correct brake levers and NOS wrap on the bars to match the seat,
Cream 1950s pump already fitted,
Cream cables,
Brake blocks,
Reynolds decals on the seat stem and on the forks.
Chain wheel & pedals,
Chain,
Wheels which will be a single speed,
Shorty mudguards.

It will have a gold pinstripe around the lugs which will finish off the frame nicely.

The bike will be ready to ride soon, I do know what the bike is worth as he told me, its the frame where the real money is, it will be a stunning addition to any collection.

I have a genuine reason for sale, I'm getting married.

002-5.jpg
003-15.jpg
017-4.jpg
018-3.jpg
009-13.jpg

008-12.jpg
007-21.jpg
005-20.jpg
033.jpg

He did tell me I should keep it which I really want to do, but I will see what interest and offers I get then I will make a decision, I had a guy offer £275 which when I told the owner of the cycle shop he said no that isn't even close to what the frame alone is worth even without a paint job.

Thanks for reading my ad. :smile:

Last edited:
OP
OP
I

ian allinson

Dimensions?
Sorry, Now done.

OP
OP
I

ian allinson

I know nothing about the bike other than what I was told, I put the decals on after they had painted it then they lacquered it for me, and the guy at the shop said some decals were wrong but it hasn't spoilt the bike in any way.

Last edited:

GrumpyGregry

Here for rides.
I know nothing about the bike other than what I was told, I put the decals on after they had painted it then they lacquered it for me, and the guy at the shop said some decals were wrong but it hasn't spoilt the bike in any way.
May discourage the odd buyer tis all, lots of us Carlton nerds out there.

OP
OP
I

ian allinson

Dave did say people would pick up on the odd decal, The ones on the front forks are wrong too but he has the correct ones for it and will be putting them on for me, So it is just the TI decal but its no big deal, it could be removed if you wanted too.

It will be a stunning bike, some could say that they didn't lacquer over decals but it was what I wanted and it is shiny ;)

Last edited:
OP
OP
I

ian allinson

Bike is now ready for sale, I have decided to leave the choice of wheels, seat and chain set to the new owner, so what you see in my latest pics is what you get.
So if you are interested make me a sensible offer via PM.
Cheers
Ian

Top Bottom