Camping in Europe

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Hicky

Guru
Camping in Europe, where have you been?
Where would you like to go....what experiences do you have both good and bad?

My partner would like to go to Switzerland next year however I'm plumbing for Brittany....pics obviously will help :smile:

8mph

Veteran
I enjoyed camping at Santec Municipal Campsite, just 4 miles or so from the ferry port at Roscoff. There are woods to explore and an estuary. The camping and electrical hookup is cheap and you're sheltered from the Brittany sea breeze by dunes.

fossyant

Ride It Like You Stole It!
Maybe something for us to try next year or later. Just getting into proper camping and done 2 x 3 nights and 1 x 5 nights already this year in that there Welsh Wales. Off down Fairford, off grid, for 3-4 nights in two weeks. I'll need a 'van' for going to Europe !

Last edited:
Slovenia is like a little Switzerland.
N Spain is good.
Euro camping is a bit generic. What are you looking for ?

OP
OP
Hicky

Hicky

Guru
Slovenia is like a little Switzerland.
N Spain is good.
Euro camping is a bit generic. What are you looking for ?

I struggle as my ms gets seasick sitting in the bath so Dover Calais is her limit. Spain is out.
I’ve been the Vendee family camping, Lithuania and Croatia(both off grid).
I’m up for anywhere really however it needs to be sunny or a good % it will be warm and water near.

DRM

Guru
I struggle as my ms gets seasick sitting in the bath so Dover Calais is her limit. Spain is out.
I’ve been the Vendee family camping, Lithuania and Croatia(both off grid).
I’m up for anywhere really however it needs to be sunny or a good % it will be warm and water near.

Try going via the Eurotunnel Crossing, it's fantastic, especially if there's someone in the party with seasickness

Top Bottom