B'Twin Triban 3 Red, 650 wheels, 51cm frame, ideal Islabike alternative

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

bozmandb9

Insert witty title here
Whilst I purchased an Islabike 26 for my 10 year old, I found my 12 year old fitted a small adult bike very well, and it is frankly a better bike. With a Shimano Sora groupset, and Carbon fork, it's a pretty stonking roadbike for a child.

It's had very little use, and is practically as new. I'm considering selling it since he really wants to upgrade to a Dolan Hercules SE, which I've picked up recently, which is also for sale, but if the Dolan sells, then he'll be back on the Triban.

You're very welcome to come and have a try. Standard resin pedals with cages. Oh, and I've shortened the seat stem, so it can go right down, useful if you have a child who can't quite fit a 51, and the standard stem is 90mm, so with a shorter stem, can fit it quite well to suit a child.

cyberknight

As long as I breathe, I attack.
tribans are nice bikes and i suppose its forward thinking with the wheels but i wish for us smaller adults they would stick standard size wheels on it as a 51 would be in my ball park for size .

OP
OP
B

bozmandb9

Insert witty title here
Price reduced to £200 for quick sale! Just realised I hadn't put a price originally! This bike is immaculate, if you have a child of 5'3 to 5'6, and they need a road bike, you won't do better for the money!

Attachments

• IMG_2235.JPG
    IMG_2235.JPG
    247.5 KB · Views: 16
  • IMG_2236.JPG
    IMG_2236.JPG
    241.5 KB · Views: 15
  • IMG_2237.JPG
    IMG_2237.JPG
    208.2 KB · Views: 15
Top Bottom