Brooks Swallow titanium - for sale

Status
Not open for further replies.
Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

toontra

Veteran
Selling a titanium Swallow. When I bought it second-hand 2 years ago it had been dyed black - that has almost all worn off leaving a very nice rich dark brown patina. Nothing more has come off for 12 months so this is the final colour I would say.

The leather has been Proofide treated both sides and there is no "sag" at all. It's been well looked after and there's no scuffing to the leather, even in the usual places (nose and edges) The only thing to mention is that when I bought it there was a very small nick in the bottom edge caused by being hit by an ill-fitted seat post/clamp. I got a shoe maker to put a stitch of heavy duty twine in it just to ensure it didn't grow, which it hasn't. This is shown in pic 4 of the series here:

http://www.flickr.com/photos/fredreynolds/sets/72157629314936633/

Looking for £80 collected from London N1 (Angel) or £85 posted (inc. almost full tin of Proofide).

fossala

Guru
Are you sure there is no sagging? Can I have a picture side on as it looks like there is from the first and second picture.

fossala

Guru
Hmmm, yes, it does have quite a bit of sagging. The swallow is a very flat saddle yours dips quite a bit in the middle. It also has large indents where your/previous owners sitbones would of been.
Thanks anyway.

Manonabike

Über Member
Hmmm, yes, it does have quite a bit of sagging. The swallow is a very flat saddle yours dips quite a bit in the middle. It also has large indents where your/previous owners sitbones would of been.
Thanks anyway.

Only the very new saddles are like you say. You can always use the adjusting nut to add some tension.

I think this saddle is OK for the money asked.

I have a brand new Swallow Chrome is you are interested though :whistle:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom