Brompton owners; carry on scrolling…..

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

a.twiddler

Veteran
The attraction of the Brompton for me is that it gives me...small ideas!

rogerzilla

Legendary Member
I'm surprised they put that out. A Brompton won't last long doing that sort of thing.

Their own warranty says "Misuse includes any use not in accordance with the recommendations made in the owner’s manual, and any use contrary to the warnings given in that same handbook. In addition, misuse will include, but not be limited to, any use of the bicycle which does not constitute normal road use, as your Brompton is intended for use on roads and well-made paths. It is not
designed for cross country riding, which can overstress the frame and for which the tyres and wheels are unsuitable."

The manual says,
"A Brompton is not intended for stunts, cross-country riding or extreme sports. Your Brompton should be used for its intended purpose. Misuse may lead to failure of some components and void your Brompton warranty. "

At the very least I would expect them to say these stunts were performed by a trained professional in a controlled environment and must not be attempted by owners. A helmet won't stop you being impaled on a snapped stem or frame tube.

Last edited:

wafter

I like steel bikes and I cannot lie..
I'm surprised they put that out. A Brompton won't last long doing that sort of thing.

Their own warranty says "Misuse includes any use not in accordance with the recommendations made in the owner’s manual, and any use contrary to the warnings given in that same handbook. In addition, misuse will include, but not be limited to, any use of the bicycle which does not constitute normal road use, as your Brompton is intended for use on roads and well-made paths. It is not
designed for cross country riding, which can overstress the frame and for which the tyres and wheels are unsuitable."

The manual says,
"A Brompton is not intended for stunts, cross-country riding or extreme sports. Your Brompton should be used for its intended purpose. Misuse may lead to failure of some components and void your Brompton warranty. "

At the very least I would expect them to say these stunts were performed by a trained professional in a controlled environment and must not be attempted by owners. A helmet won't stop you being impaled on a snapped stem or frame tube.

I thought exactly the same - smacks of cynical and potentially dangerous marketing IMO..

Top Bottom