Brompton ez clamp spring

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

EltonFrog

Legendary Member
I fitted two of these today, and (credit where it's due) they are a great little item which will make the Brompton easier to use. Such a nice little part, but so effective. Fair play to the guy who designed and sells these in the UK.
https://ezclamp.co.uk/

Yes, had them on mine and the Fragrant MrsP’s Brompton for a couple of years.
I don’t understand why Brompton don’t make something similar as standard.

rogerzilla

Legendary Member
I have them but they're a mixed blessing. Yes, they usually keep the clamps aligned. However, the extra friction of the spring prevents the clamp screw being spun freely, so I don't find they really speed up folding or, particularly, unfolding.

OP
OP
F

Fastpedaller

Über Member
I have them but they're a mixed blessing. Yes, they usually keep the clamps aligned. However, the extra friction of the spring prevents the clamp screw being spun freely, so I don't find they really speed up folding or, particularly, unfolding.

Have you lubricated the screw threads? .... always lubricate your threads!

steveindenmark

Legendary Member
No, that’s not what I meant at all.

Well they could certainly do with them as well. Along with a cheaper watch and jackets.

u_i

Über Member
Were they the ez clamp ones from the guy in UK, or cheap ebay look-alikes?

I had those from the inventor, presumably the one you mention, then a copy distributed by a German vendor of folding-bike items, and finally, a principally improved two-spring Gizmo from AliExpress. In the latter one, the plastic crumbled over time into small pieces. When I think of it, I test many products, particularly when they are not overly expensive :scratch:. The springs that work for me are stock that I ordered from AliExpress.

Top Bottom