Broadband deals - anybody had success or otherwise with vouchers etc?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

PedalCat

I like sandwiches
Hello, I'm soon to sign up for a broadband deal. Does anybody have anything good to say about deals that feature a voucher or cashback or some other incentive? Have any suppliers come up with the goods as per their promise?

AndyRM

XOXO
Our broadband/TV package is with Sky.

By being "recommended" by my fiancee's brother, we both got a £100 shopping voucher and we got some fancy pants Sky Glass TV as well.

Not a bad deal at all.

They're by far the cheapest supplier in the area too.

Previously I was with Vodafone who I'd avoid like the plague. Broadband would stop working when it rained; when I called to ask why, I was told it was "A known issue" which was bring worked on which I thought was ridiculous.

Electric_Andy

Heavy Metal Fan
I think some comparison sites allow you to view broadband deals and it lists the benefits you get as a new customer. If you have more than one supplier in your area (at your prefered speed) then you're lucky. We are limited to Virgin because no-one else supplies full fibre in our area. This means that I started off on £30/month for M500, but now the "best" they can do is £48/month for M350, and we can't threaten to leave otherwise we'd have to go back to copper lines. In fact they have just charged us £105, which includes a late payment fee (which is a lie because it's direct debit) and a change fee (which is a bit rich because we stayed with them and simply took a slower package). Avoid Virgin unless it's just for your first contract and jump to someone else after

Bazzer

Setting the controls for the heart of the sun.
My previous provider Plusnet provided a debit card for (I think £60) when I switched to them. The card was valid for 6 months and could be used anywhere that accepted MasterCard.
The customer service of Plusnet is very good during the contract, but at the end of the contract, they only improved their renewal offer, after I had a much better deal from another provider
At the end of the contract, I negotiated a higher broadband speed, 6 months half price and free installation of full fibre, with my current provider Vodafone. Plusnet agreed to match this deal, but their renewal offer had irritated me too much by that stage, so I switched.
I've had no problems with Vodaphone.

vickster

Legendary Member
I've received cashback through Quidco for such things in the past.

Community Fibre just gave me 5 months free when I signed up and a stonking price thereafter (London Boroughs only and not yet all postcodes). Very stable 150MB BB for under £25 month

Quite a few offer referral bonuses for referrer and new customer alike

Cycleops

Legendary Member
My cousin was without connection for three months changing from EE to Plusnet and this is in S.Yorks which their home territory.

albion

Guru
I always take the offers and go with slow fibre. My maximum is hardly above 35MB which is what slow is anyway.

I doubt I have ever payed much above £15 a month average, including the cashback, it always paid, eventually.

Top Bottom