Bristol- Bath cycle path users

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

ianrauk

Tattooed Beat Messiah

Funnily enough, I had similar on this mornings commute with a ninjad up twat on an illegal bike, swerving in and out of a few of us tacking along the A21

Maylian

Guru
Why have they added in the fake lane markings on that picture?

I've heard a few reports on this recently. One of my colleagues mentioned a couple of weeks ago a person getting kicked off their bike by someone whilst she was running past and a few people checked on them. That seemed more to be intimidation as I don't think they tried to steal anything, but it does make me mindful of cycling home that way if I'm running late.

Arjimlad

Tights of Cydonia
A very busy discussion about this on Bristol Cyclists' FB page - police area commander is paying attention and people are being urged to report incidents whenever they happen rather than shrug their shoulders.

wafter

I like steel bikes and I cannot lie..
These idiots need tackling somehow.

... ideally by ten big blokes with cricket bats - I suspect a couple of broken arms a piece would prevent them behaving in such a needlessly horrible way.

Really saddens me that the rise of illegal e-bikes appears to have drawn gobshites to areas that were once a bastion of peace and respite for cyclists :sad:

mjr

Comfy armchair to one person & a plank to the next
Really saddens me that the rise of illegal e-bikes appears to have drawn gobshites to areas that were once a bastion of peace and respite for cyclists :sad:
They are illegal motorbikes and have basically replaced the minimotos and scramblers before them. This is not a new problem but the press portraying them as accursed bikes rather than cool, stylish motorbikes seems to be encouraging the police to act. Are two wrongs making a right?

Arjimlad

Tights of Cydonia
The new Graphics intern needs to show what they can do?

They have re-used an image created for an earlier article about demarcating ped/cycle bits of the shared path.

wafter

I like steel bikes and I cannot lie..
They are illegal motorbikes and have basically replaced the minimotos and scramblers before them. This is not a new problem but the press portraying them as accursed bikes rather than cool, stylish motorbikes seems to be encouraging the police to act. Are two wrongs making a right?

Fair point, although I think ebikes are worsening this situation as they're less obvious than scramblers etc on account of their much lower noise and (usually) passing resemblance to a normal bike / legal ebike. Probably easier to obtain too as there's no ownership papertrail as you get with a registered road vehicle.

I wish the Police would do something - the amount of delivery riders ragging clearly illegal, unrestricted / throttled ebikes around Oxford is ridiculous. It's not even like they do it subtly and the excessive speed is usually compounded by a litany of other safety issues too - flagrant disregard for traffic laws, no lights...

From the speed and lack of pedalling they're easy to spot and I'd have thought an easy collar; although nobody seems to give a toss :sad:

Top Bottom