Brake Pads

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

si_c

Guru
Pretty decent, I used them on my MTB for a while before I upgraded to disc brakes. They are dual compound so brake in the wet reasonably well and they last a decent amount of time, comparable to the Shimano pads I'd had before.

Especially with Clarks shoes, the quicker we trashed 'sensible' shoes the better

That was always the funny thing about me (OK OK - one of the funny things)
I was never bothered
They looked like shoes and kept my feet warm and dry (ish) and kept them off the floor- so that was all I needed to know

I was perfectly happy with no-name trainers and X-ees - i.e. jeans which were not from Wrangler or Levi so had a big X stitched on the back pockets rather than a W or whatever

They worked - I never saw the problem

My friend had to be given money to buy his non-school clothes quite young (12/13) because he was always complaining that his parents bought the wrong things
so he bought his own clothes - which also taught him budgeting I suppose
(He was also the one that kept all his toy cars in their boxes and never got them scratched - unlike the other 2 of us who had massive crashes sometimes involving upstairs windows!!!
They were probably worth a lot some years later - but he didn;t have the crashes so what was the point!!!!!)

fossyant

Ride It Like You Stole It!
I've got the Decathlon version of same pads with the 'carbon effect shoe'. Standard Canti/V Brake length shoe, so replacement pads are easy to find. The triple compound do last longer than the standard black or salmon ones, but I can't comment on rim wear yet. Put the triple compound on my commuter, the CX bike is running Clarks salmon pads.

raleighnut

Legendary Member
That was always the funny thing about me (OK OK - one of the funny things)
I was never bothered
They looked like shoes and kept my feet warm and dry (ish) and kept them off the floor- so that was all I needed to know

I was perfectly happy with no-name trainers and X-ees - i.e. jeans which were not from Wrangler or Levi so had a big X stitched on the back pockets rather than a W or whatever

They worked - I never saw the problem

My friend had to be given money to buy his non-school clothes quite young (12/13) because he was always complaining that his parents bought the wrong things
so he bought his own clothes - which also taught him budgeting I suppose
(He was also the one that kept all his toy cars in their boxes and never got them scratched - unlike the other 2 of us who had massive crashes sometimes involving upstairs windows!!!
They were probably worth a lot some years later - but he didn;t have the crashes so what was the point!!!!!)

I bought my own clothes from the age of 11 but I had a job, cycle deliveries for the Co-op then Saturday lad at a garage where I also worked in the holidays.
Preferred jeans back then were 'Brutus' followed by 'Easy and 'Lee Cooper' once I got into skinny jeans.

Top Bottom