bloke selling carrera e bike

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

moldavite

bloke selling carrera e bike , espec battery looks good ?, 190 miles £300 what is wrong with it and what should I check if I go to see it ?

Brandane

Legendary Member
Got a link to the ad? Beware of stolen bikes on Gumtree/Ebay etc... would be my first piece of advice.

Second piece of advice would be - beware of being relieved of your £300 cash (with no bike to show for it) if you DO go to see it at a pre arranged meeting place.

Ask - and check (dunno how) how much range it has if the battery is fully charged

On which point - does the battery charge at all?

Some bikes show the range on the display - but the cheaper one just have a few lights so you can;t tell

The battery is the likely problem - a new one is several hundred pounds at least - check out the cost of a new one for that specific model before you go any further so you know what you are looking at

They can be recelled - but that also costs a few hundred

apart from that they are mostly "only a bike" so check it out the same a a normal bike

if the battery is OK then it could be a good buy
I used to have one with one old battery which was OK for 10 or so miles and a new one for proper runs - worked out well for me at the time

Be very very wary of anything second hand that has been tinkered with or doing any tinkering. Modified e-bikes are a major fire hazard and many people have lost their lives in fires :sad:

Yes - any tinkering or "upgrading" of the ebike systems - especially the battery should be your cue to exit stage right at speed!

Oh - and also - make sure it is legal to use on the roads - 250W power limit and motor cuts off at 15.5 mph
so check for any cheat devices and stuff
if they have fiddled with those bit who knows what else is non-standard!

Top Bottom