Blinking Holidays

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

BSRU

A Human Being
Had a lovely couple of weeks in France not doing any formal exercise and eating out most nights😋🥐.
Came back to see TrainingPeaks showing me I had lost over 20% of my fitness:thumbsdown:.
Doesn't help they I somehow caught "flu" on the flight back so this week I have been taking it easy, just indoor zone 2 rides nothing strenuous at all🤒.
Today's the first day my overnight resting heart beat was back, just, into the 40's, was in the 60's at the beginning of the week^_^.

cyberknight

As long as I breathe, I attack.
Even worse with me atm , i can turbo but its not the same as getting the long base miles in and being at home im tempted to snack .

OP
OP
BSRU

BSRU

A Human Being
Must have two weeks holiday more often, so far this week one ride with my best average power for 60 minutes ever(since 2014) and then another ride with my best average power for 90 minutes ever(since I got a power meter in 2014) :training: .
Tried the virtual climb of "plateau de beille" to see how slow I am🐢 compared to Pogacar:bicycle:, he did it in less than 40 minutes at the end of a stage whereas I took a few seconds over 90 minutes:wacko:

screenman

Legendary Member
Had a lovely couple of weeks in France not doing any formal exercise and eating out most nights😋🥐.
Came back to see TrainingPeaks showing me I had lost over 20% of my fitness:thumbsdown:.
Doesn't help they I somehow caught "flu" on the flight back so this week I have been taking it easy, just indoor zone 2 rides nothing strenuous at all🤒.
Today's the first day my overnight resting heart beat was back, just, into the 40's, was in the 60's at the beginning of the week^_^.

Lucky you, that was not the flu.

CXRAndy

Guru
I roughly double the best times for ascents compared to my times.

Don't sweat it, re fitness, you're not a professional. Even the pros have an off season. You can never be in peak fitness all the time

twentysix by twentyfive

Clinging on tightly
It'll all come back (the fitness). Just rebuild at a suitable steady pace. TBH - at this time of year (soon) it's when fitness gets let go a bit as the weather starts to get worse. Unless (I suppose) one is an indoor trainee. Fresh air always in my case.

mustang1

Legendary Member
Strava tells me I'm 7% down from a month ago. As the long days draw to a close, I was expecting Strava to give such stats.

I also do not care. Shrugs.

CXRAndy

Guru
It'll all come back (the fitness). Just rebuild at a suitable steady pace. TBH - at this time of year (soon) it's when fitness gets let go a bit as the weather starts to get worse. Unless (I suppose) one is an indoor trainee. Fresh air always in my case.

I'm opposite, being an indoor addict. Fitness builds to around April. Then falls away as I do a little less and casual outdoor stuff on the Ebike. I've ridden consistently indoors every week for over 40 weeks, trying to get to 100 weeks without a break

screenman

Legendary Member

You have not got flu, so that is good news.

Top Bottom