Bird Zero 1 2015, Large, 700 pounds *NOW SOLD*

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Motozulu

Über Member
Selling my beloved HT to fund a fat bike. Cost new last summer 1,329 pounds. This is the best HT I've ever ridden, in great nick, as standard and has just had a new Shimano BB fitted, Large size but I'm 5'9" and it fits me fine. Looks brilliant in Acid yellow/hot pink. Has only been ridden on the Cannock trails, couple of expected stone chips, nothing major. A true trail beast. Also comes with a selection of 4 nearly new tubeless ready tyres..Geax (x2), High Roller II, Hans Dampf. Bike is set up tubeless by Bird. XT brakes and shifters. Very fast up and down and corners like it's on rails. Absolute giveaway.

Specs as below - you also get a lifetime frame warranty that stays with the bike. The KS LEV dropper in the pictures isn't included, nor are the pedals. Any questions please ask.
Will post anywhere in UK if buyer pays for post, or local pick up.

Hello, perry clarke

Thank you for your order from Bird Cycleworks. You can check the status of your order by logging into your account. If you have any questions about your order please contact us at or call us at 0333 444 0650 Monday - Friday, 9am - 5pm UK.
Your Invoice #100000548 for Order #100000534
Billing Information: Payment Method:

Item Sku Qty Subtotal
Zero.1 BIRD-ZERO-1 1 £1,310.00
Select Your Frame Size
1 x Bird Zero Acid Yellow/Hot Pink Large (19" / 45 cm) £0.00 BIRD-ZERO-AL-FRAME-LRG-YELL
Please Select 1x10 or 2x10 Build Kit
1 x XT/Turbine 1x10 Groupset £0.00 BIRD-XT-1X-BUILDKIT
Do You Want Another Chainring for 1x10 (Standard is 34T)?
1 x RaceFace Narrow Wide Chainring - 32T Black £0.00 RF-D40278BLK.
Select your rear Mech
1 x Shimano Zee clutched mech
Select Your Fork
1 x X-Fusion Sweep RL2 140mm - Black £0.00 XF-22-SSFSWRL-160-401 140
Select Your Wheelset
1 x RaceFace Turbine Wheelset (1800g) £0.00 RF-WH141427.5
And do you want tubed or tubeless?
1 x Tubeless Set Up Including Valves/Tape/Sealant (230g) £0.00 TUBELESS-OPTION
Add Your Front Tyre
1 x Maxxis Minion DHF 2.3 EXO TR 3c Maxx Terra (825g) £5.00 MAXXIS-MINION-DHF-2.3
Add Your Rear Tyre
1 x Maxxis Ardent 2.25 EXO TR Dual Compound (715g) £0.00 MAXXIS-ARDENT-2.25
Build Your Cockpit Starting With Handlebars
1 x RaceFace Atlas Riser - 1/2" 750mm Black (333g) £2.50 RF-OHB13A31.8X750BLK
Add a Stem
1 x RaceFace Atlas - 50mm Black (155g) £2.50 RF-OST12A31.850XOBLK
Choose Your Headset
1 x Cane Creek Forty Tapered Headset (130g) £0.00 CC-40-ASMBLY-TPR-ZS44/28.6/H8|ZS56/40-BLK
And Add Some Grips
1 x RaceFace Half Nelson Grips - Black (92.5g) £0.00 RF-D90057
Select a Seatpost
1 x RaceFace Ride Seatpost (295g) £0.00 RF-OSP12RX31.6x375BLK
And a Saddle
1 x Charge Scoop Saddle - Black top/Black Base, Cro Mo Rails (245g) £0.00 CSG-SECH14SCOBLKBLK
Please Select Your Frame Colour
Acid Yellow/Hot Pink

Subtotal £1,091.67
Shipping & Handling (Excl.Tax) £16.62
Shipping & Handling (Incl.Tax) £19.95
Grand Total (Excl.Tax) £1,108.29
Tax £221.66
Grand Total (Incl.Tax) £1,329.95
Thank you again, Bird Cycleworks
25ro40l.jpg
24vjfh4.jpg
ilhmk4.jpg
2rqc10k.jpg

Last edited:

Ciar

Veteran
If i hadnt bought myself a new MTB a few months ago i would be tempted,always like the look of the Birds ;-) best of luck selling it mate.

OP
OP
Motozulu

Motozulu

Über Member
Cheers mate. Just got the urge to try fat biking and it makes more financial sense to go down to one bike that I can ride Cannock on all year round. I do love the Bird though and still not sure I'm doing the right thing :blush:

Ciar

Veteran
Cheers mate. Just got the urge to try fat biking and it makes more financial sense to go down to one bike that I can ride Cannock on all year round. I do love the Bird though and still not sure I'm doing the right thing :blush:

I switched from a HT to the bike in my picture and i love it, if i was to pick another MTB it would only be a HT, but the fat bike has never interested me, not sure what their appeal is in all honesty, as for selling the Bird if i had that i don't think i would part with it hah.

OP
OP
Motozulu

Motozulu

Über Member
Hard to explain - I just need a new direction. Done Snowdon, BPW, Lakes, Peak district, 'Degla, all over on the Chief last 2 years and I've enjoyed blasting the trails at Cannock on the Bird, but I've done all that so...what's next?
A Carbon rigid fatbike though is a bike I can ride around Cannock all year round (mud, snow, ice). Done all the travelling I fancy doing so a full suss is just too much for Cannock and the Bird, as great a HT as it is, restricts me to marked trails in winter as the (relatively) skinny tyres just aint any good on the mud fest that are the Cannock cheekies right now. Plus no more funding servicing for 2 lots of suspension, etc.

I'm down scaling and up scaling at the same time, I suppose. :tongue:

Last edited:

Ciar

Veteran
Hard to explain - I just need a new direction. Done Snowdon, BPW, Lakes, Peak district, 'Degla, all over on the Chief last 2 years and I've enjoyed blasting the trails at Cannock on the Bird, but I've done all that so...what's next?
A Carbon rigid fatbike though is a bike I can ride around Cannock all year round (mud, snow, ice). Done all the travelling I fancy doing so a full suss is just too much for Cannock and the Bird, as great a HT as it is, restricts me to marked trails in winter as the (relatively) skinny tyres just aint any good on the mud fest that are the Cannock cheekies right now. Plus no more funding servicing for 2 lots of suspension, etc.

I' down scaling and up scaling at the same time, I suppose. :tongue:

you have gotten out more than me, did BPW and Afan on the HT but only hit my local Epping on the new bike so far, next year i will be getting out more hopefully! as for mud Epping is doing okay at the moment, but normally it's a swamp hehe. so i can see your point time for a new challenge :smile: i am hoping it snows this year as i really fancy riding in snow!

OP
OP
Motozulu

Motozulu

Über Member
Well played for doing BPW on a HT! done Degla on my old HT and that pretty much rattled my teeth out. I have no more ambition left to travel long distances anymore to do 'epic and gnarly' - gonna keep it local so like I said, carbon fatty just ticks all the boxes.

Top Bottom