Best custom bike painters?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
Hi, looking for recommendations/people's experiences, of having their bikes re-sprayed. I have a carbon bike which one day I hope to have painted to my spec. I have looked online and seen various options but little from actual customers. And just to anticipate some replies, painting it myself is out of the question as I am crap at that type of thing and will ruin an expensive frame!!

Punkawallah

Über Member
The only one I know works in steel frames, sorry.

Attachments

• IMG_0937.jpeg
    IMG_0937.jpeg
    190.2 KB · Views: 12

All uphill

Still rolling along
I guess it depends on what you mean by 'best.

I used Argos Cycles in Bristol and had a look at the frames they had painted recently. Some of them were works of art. The 'best' I have seen for quality.

A friend had a frame powder coated. Tough and looks good. The 'best for value.

OP
OP
Dirk Van Der Dirk
I guess it depends on what you mean by 'best.

I used Argos Cycles in Bristol and had a look at the frames they had painted recently. Some of them were works of art. The 'best' I have seen for quality.

A friend had a frame powder coated. Tough and looks good. The 'best for value.

Yes I know of them. I got a 1980s dawes racer 2nd hand and they did the paint job on it. Looks great. Their website also shows their work and they seem reasonably priced compared to others.

roubaixtuesday

self serving virtue signaller
Here's our two-tone tandem done by Argos. No idea if they do carbon.

1000007495.jpg

si_c

Guru
Also take a look at C&G finishes in Liverpool - they've done a couple of steel frames for me and I'm pretty sure they do carbon bikes too.

They do an awful lot of bikes.

Top Bottom