Beginners questions

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Bobcat40

Hello to all. I have'nt cycled for about 10 years but I have been thinking about doing it for the last year.i have just bought a bike,but before I go out on the road I will be asking for advice .ie if you are going on a run what essentials would you take with you ? Do you take a tool kit or a puncture repair kit . As you can tell I am a complete beginner so if these are daft questions please go easy on me. Thanks in advance.

Hi.
Not much more than a beginner myself, but I never go out without a drink, phone, tube, tyre lever, pump & multi tool.
In my case GTN spray is high on the list as well.
Paul G

If you're organised practise taking off the tyre at home. Nothing like real world experience but sometimes having the first go in the dark in pouring rain can be difficult.

MikeW-71

Veteran
Hello to all. I have'nt cycled for about 10 years but I have been thinking about doing it for the last year.i have just bought a bike,but before I go out on the road I will be asking for advice .ie if you are going on a run what essentials would you take with you ? Do you take a tool kit or a puncture repair kit . As you can tell I am a complete beginner so if these are daft questions please go easy on me. Thanks in advance.
Welcome!

I'll always have (other than food and water):
Spare tube (or 2)
Puncture patches (just in case as they weigh nothing)
Multitool
Mini pump
Phone, debit card and £10 cash

Pat "5mph"

A kilogrammicaly challenged woman
Welcome @Bobcat40!
May I suggest you attend a couple of lead rides with Freewheel North to ease you back into cycling?
You can have a chat with their leaders about any concern you might have on venturing out yourself.
More details here. :hello:

Top Bottom