Been lurking, thought I'd say hi!

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Wafer

Veteran
I seem to have done a lot of reading on these forums for my last 2 bike purchases but never actually posted so thought I'd change that!

After some lengthy research (spreadsheets and all) I've just ordered a Cannondale Synapse 105 through work scheme (so very nearly dropped some extra cash for the Ultegra version because of the paint job but couldn't quite justify it). Itching to ride it now but apparently it might take 2/3 weeks for the paperwork to get sorted so I'm feeling fidgety and reading around lots still.

This'll be my first time with drops, having had a Specialized Sirrus for 4/5 years and only ridden cheap MTBs before that, little nervous but read about enough other people who did the same and settled into it quickly.

So, hi, and thanks for all those who've posted round here, it's been one of my prime sources of info and helped a lot :smile:

:welcome:The Sirrus (a flat bar road bike) would have been a nice entry to a drop bar road bike. I made a similar move being wary of switching to drops but found quickly that my doubts were only misconceptions. I (I think like most folk) ride on the hoods most of the time and occasionally on the flats and less often on the drops. Its a position (the hoods) very similar but there are the other options and options in between to offer more movement/ comfort. Down the line, I find that movement is actually better for catching the eye of a driver, just knowing when to sit up at the right time. Good Luck and most of all enjoy :-)

OP
OP
Wafer

Wafer

Veteran
Yeah I've found the flat bars frustrating enough on longer (for me) rides, not being able to change hand position and getting tingling sensations. So looking forward to improvements there, also hoping this bike is going to be a lot less jarring over the bumpy surfaces (sometimes they are called roads...) than the base Sirrus.

Thanks for the welcome :smile:

Top Bottom