Bamboo bikes

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Orange

Guru
Location
Northamptonshire
Why not? Bamboo really is one of the most versatile materials on this earth - light and strong and looks good.
 

Arch

Married to Night Train
Location
Salford, UK
There are a number of bamboo bikes already on the market so they and the BBC are a bit behind the curve.

e.g Calfee, Raw, Organic Bikes etc

There's always someone thinks they've invented the next great thing in bikes, when actually, they are about 5/10/50/100 years too late.*

I'd love one, they apparently ride beautifully.

Craig Calfee is also involved in the Bamboosero project in developing countries.

*I was parking my 8spd hub geared winter hack outside Sainsburys when an old chap came up and said "Is that a hub gear?" "yes", I said, and he proceeded to tell me how he'd had a bike with a Sturmey 3 speed and had worked out that you probably make a hub gear with up to 5 spds nowadays. I didn't have the heart to tell him about Rolhoff...
 
Top Bottom