Back to riding for Cycle to Work Day 04/09/14

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Jannie

Hello everyone!
I'm Jan, I live in Newcastle upon Tyne. In November 2015 I will be 50, but less of that! I've ridden bikes all my life but something happened to me personally about 7 years ago that took my legs from under me. My poor Ridgeback Adventure K3 turned into a coat rack. His bits have been stolen by my daughters and he has become a skeleton of my proud cycling past. Today, I took him to Hopkirks Cycling Centre, appropriately in Byker! They are going to mend him by Wednesday and my aim is to ride a nice route from my house to my work in Ashington, Northumberland on 04/09/14. I'm going to go along the coast to meet a couple of colleagues on the way. I'd love a bit of encouragement and motivation from you guys!
Cheers!
Jx

MikeW-71

Veteran
Well done for getting back out there. Best of luck and I hope you have a nice day for it :biggrin: :bravo:

OP
OP
J

Jannie

Thanks everyone! It was really nice to hear the bike mechanic say it was a really good bike and not nearly in as bad as a state as it could be. Can't wait to pick it up on Wednesday, I'm looking out for a special notebook to log my rides! Fingers crossed for a bit of good weather :-)

BigAl68

Über Member
Thanks everyone! It was really nice to hear the bike mechanic say it was a really good bike and not nearly in as bad as a state as it could be. Can't wait to pick it up on Wednesday, I'm looking out for a special notebook to log my rides! Fingers crossed for a bit of good weather :-)

A cycling diary, I like your style. Enjoy getting back on the bike :hello:

OP
OP
J

Jannie

I got this one! It actually cost £2 in our Asda. Looks just like a moleskin notebook with beautiful cream coloured pages, an elastic strap, a ribbon bookmark and a little wallet in the back Total top buy! Got some nice colored fineliner pens as well so I can enjoy writing and drawing my bike trips. Most significantly, today I weighed myself and I'd really like to drop a stone before the big ride. My cycling jersey is a wee bit snug! Started eating more healthily and I'm hoping the month of riding will help. Thanks for all your good thoughts, I'm excited and dying to see my bike tomorrow! J x

http://direct.asda.com/Asda-Black-Notebook/000679905,default,pd.html?cgid=D10M15G1C1S3

Pat "5mph"

A kilogrammicaly challenged woman
:welcome: Jannie!
Good luck for your planned ride, post a picture of your steed when it's up and running!

Top Bottom