Back from a long break

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Biker Joe

Über Member
Hi to you all. My name is Joe, I'm 74 and just recently returned to cycling after a 5 year lay off due to poor health. I finally managed to recover my health this last winter. However, I put on quite a bit of weight (91.4 Kg) and my fitness level on a scale from 1 to 10 was around 0.5. With the advice from my GP, I started on a diet, got out walking and started doing conditioning exercises. I've been back on the bike now for 6 weeks.

Fortunately, I had kept my bike and stored it in the garage. Though last winter I was seriously considering selling it. I'm so glad I didn't! It was painful at the beginning and I only managed 5 miles with an average of 9 mph. But I've made steady progress and can now ride just over 20 miles at 12.4 mph average.

What is really good is that I have managed to lose 5.6 Kg in the last 6 weeks and I'm immensely pleased with the progress I'm making.

I remembered that I still had an account with CycleChat. A forum that I had found very enjoyable. So here I am again playing catch up and getting back into the swing of things.

welsh dragon

Thanks but no thanks. I think I'll pass.
Hello and welcome back. :hello:. I remember you. I am glad your fitness levels are increasing, and that your health problems are a thing of the past.

Brandane

Legendary Member
Welcome back to the cycling world, Joe. Good luck with the weight shedding and regaining your previous levels of health and bike fitness :okay:.
PS.. 4 years since your last post? Doesn't seem anything like that!

Pat "5mph"

A kilogrammicaly challenged woman
Welcome back, Joe!
I remember you: has it really been 4 years, oh my, time passes fast.
All the best for your recovery!

OP
OP
Biker Joe

Biker Joe

Über Member
Welcome back, wondered what happened to you.
Welcome back, wondered what happened to you.
Thank you Cycleops. Yep. You can't keep a good man down.^_^ I'm feeling very good at the moment:okay: and it's very good to be back on the bike. Nice of you to reply.

OP
OP
Biker Joe

Biker Joe

Über Member
Welcome back to the cycling world, Joe. Good luck with the weight shedding and regaining your previous levels of health and bike fitness :okay:.
PS.. 4 years since your last post? Doesn't seem anything like that!
Thank you Brandane. Time flies doesn't it. I'm really enjoying riding again. Very nice to get a reply from you. Take care.

Top Bottom