Anyone drive a Kia?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

potsy

Rambler
Been pondering my next car and these have been mentioned as a possibility.

Looking at the Sportage model.

Want something with a slightly elevated view and big enough for holidays to cart the kitchen sink and all the dog's toys :rolleyes:

D

Deleted member 26715

There is surprising little room in them, check them out before you do decide

Drago

Legendary Member
Mrs J has the current model Sportage, 1.7 diseasel in "2" trim. It's not huge inside, but it's not tiny either - with my hulk in the drivers seat my Daughters professional rugby play B/F can sit behind me in comfort, and it took 5 of us and a weeks work of 3 x womens luggage to Eurodisney and back last year. As far as these things go, its a very capable car, economical, well made, and keenly priced - I doubt you'll get a bigger interior for the money in a new car. It'll probably going soon as we fancy something a touch smaller and not dirty diesel and Mrs D fancies the Kia Colonic.

Last edited:

Rickshaw Phil

Overconfidentii Vulgaris
My Aunt has one (the 2wd version). They are decent cars but I'd agree with the comment above that there isn't as much space inside as you might expect from external looks.

It's not what you'd call cramped though so I'll second the suggestion to have a look at one and see what you think.

D

Deleted member 26715

Has it got room for a bike?
united-recruit-junior-20-inch-bmx-bike-blue-EV239956-5000-1.jpg

Not if it's bigger than this,

But they are good car the BIL has one, he's happy bike goes on the hatch but I wouldn't want it there.

Drago

Legendary Member
I get my 25 1/2" framed bikes in the Spurtage, no problem. Its not unfeasibly enormous like a Peugeot Teepee with the seats removed, but it is bigger than all but the very biggest eatates or fourbies. This idea that it's a bit snug is daft and, correct me if I'm wrong, I'm the only poster so far who actually has one? I've no loyalty to it as it's the Wife's car, but if crossovers are your thing its very decent by any standards, and for the new price its remarkable.

Auto correct right?

Nah, I think stonic is a stupid name, so take the pish at every opportunity.

Brandane

Legendary Member
Maybe they have improved in recent years, but about 20 years ago I was given one as a rental car in Orlando. The car was pretty much new and low mileage. It was without doubt THE worst car I have ever driven. Out on the Interstate, it felt as if I was driving in a blustery side wind (I wasn't) which kept changing direction. It was so bad that I actually began to wonder if there was something wrong with the car. First morning after arriving, I was in a hotel between Orlando and Tampa. I went to put the key in the door (it didn't even have remote locking) and the lock barrel fell inside the door. I got in through the passenger side and took the POS straight to Tampa airport where it was changed for something driveable.

Top Bottom