Any Peugeot 407 Drivers on here?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

biggs682

Itching to get back on my bike's
ss bet that number plate cost you a fortune !

Hicky

Guru
Did have......sold the git because of the dreaded Dpf problem.
Worked great for 2 years then turned over night into a pile of dog.....lots of investigation, new egr, elyos fluid, dpf filter cleaned. After about 300 miles it would die.
Never again, none of this thread related I'm but I'm bitter

OP
OP
smokeysmoo

smokeysmoo

Legendary Member
Did have......sold the git because of the dreaded DPF problem.
I know where you're coming from, working in a Peugeot dealer as I do I get DPF questions everyday. The fact is that it's a great system when it's working and it's maintained properly, but as cars pass from owner to owner things start to fall through the cracks, and once the system gets overlooked/neglected it then starts to cause problems.

IMO DPF's should only be sold on fleet cars that are doing high mileage, but of course once these cars pass into the used market they could be bought by anyone.

Don't forget that it's not only Peugeot/Citroen that fit DPF's, Ford, Mazda, BMW to name a few also use them, and none through choice either, it's all down to the green nobbers forcing through ever stricter and stricter emissions regulations.

FWIW, there are now companies that can bypass DPF's as well, it does also involve re-mapping the ECU to deal with the emissions, but the cost is less than a new DPF, EOLYS fluid and diag etc, and it's obviously beneficial for cars that are not seeing motorway speeds and reasonable mileages on a regular basis. Town driving is the biggest killer of DPF's IME.

Hicky

Guru
Yeah I looked into bypassing it but there was too many grey areas about the mot in the future.
Pity as it was ideal for camping, good mpg, comfy!
I just couldn't trust it, my uncle has a 406 tdi that has gone round the clock twice and runs superb, costs him oil and cam belts.

Top Bottom