any info would be great

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

rico

Just picked this up at the weekend. Not really sure if its any good, really lovely condition.
Cant find anything that matches on the net so guessing its an 80s/90s bicycle. it says 'pursuit special' on it is that the
model and anyone know a value.
thank you
20140826_153954.jpg

Attachments

• 20140826_154001.jpg
    20140826_154001.jpg
    126.4 KB · Views: 56
  • 20140826_154029.jpg
    20140826_154029.jpg
    131.1 KB · Views: 54
  • 20140826_154038.jpg
    20140826_154038.jpg
    102.3 KB · Views: 55

raleighnut

Legendary Member
:welcome:Nice condition, not sure about value but I'd say around the ton or so bit more if the rims are aluminium. Nice bike though :biggrin:

sidevalve

Über Member
Nice looking machine - very similar to the "team banana" model Falcon did {Falcon's version was the better one as the Raleigh version did not have indexed gears]. Not sure about yours but it depends on what it has - Falcon were quite a good brand back then and many of the old bikes were much better than people give them credit for. I agree on the valuation above assuming all is well.

Rickshaw Phil

Overconfidentii Vulgaris
Hi and :welcome: Rico

No ideas on valuation from me as I'm no expert. That bike does look like an '80s one though so made when Falcon was still a good name.

The handlebars are raised up quite high for the style of bike - make sure the limit marks aren't exposed before riding it.

Drago

Legendary Member
I'd go for a ton, maybe touch less. While they were a fine brand in their heyday by around 86-87 when this bike was built they were virtual component for component copies of rival Raleigh products. SR stem, Sakae chainsets, usually Huret mechs, and a scaffold pipe frame that worked better than it should have done.

biggs682

Itching to get back on my bike's
@rico welcome and nice first bike , value wise if you are happy with what you paid for it then thats all you need to care about , just use and enjoy it .

OP
OP
R

rico

Just picked this up at the weekend. Not really sure if its any good, really lovely condition.
Cant find anything that matches on the net so guessing its an 80s/90s bicycle. it says 'pursuit special' on it is that the
model and anyone know a value.
thank you
View attachment 54889

Big thank you for you replys
Happy Days looking forward to some long rides out

Top Bottom