Another newbie

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

The Bystander

Über Member
My story is a familiar one: I had a bike as a kid, rode my bike to to work (not the same one that I had as a kid) until I got my driving licence. Abandoned cycling until I became old(er), heavier and unfit. Had a health scare and bought a bike in an effort to lose weight and get fitter.

Since then I've gone from struggling to cover a few miles at little more than walking pace to completing my first metric half century of the year last month.

I've been lurking here for a while so many of you have already offered advice (to others) that I've benefited from, so I thought it was about time I said thanks and hello.

arch684

Veteran
Hello and welcome to the forum

13 rider

Guru
Hello and :welcome:from just up the M1 Leicestershire
If you fancy a bit of encouragement to ride a few miles look out for next years half century challenge . Ride a 50km or 50 mile each month for the year .gets you out there pushing the miles

OP
OP
The Bystander

The Bystander

Über Member
Hello and :welcome:from just up the M1 Leicestershire
If you fancy a bit of encouragement to ride a few miles look out for next years half century challenge . Ride a 50km or 50 mile each month for the year .gets you out there pushing the miles

Thanks @13 rider it was reading this year's challenge threads that pushed me on to my first metric half. If I can get a few more under my belt before the end of the year I might consider trying one a month next year.

JtB

Prepare a way for the Lord
Hello and welcome :welcome:

Top Bottom