An old newby

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

rojobe

Hi, I'm new here but not to cycling. I'm the wrong side of 60 and have had a bike since I was about 5. The exception being when I spent six years in the Army. I was a keen and competent MTB orienteerer for about 25 years and still have off-road bikes, though I spend most of my time on tarmac now so I'm looking to thin out the stable and possibly acquire a 'bent'. I rode track at Calshot for 6 or 7 years with Alton CC – the reason I joined them. I'm also a CTC member and manage the North Hants CTC website. Being 'stout' and liking my beer, I've never been a speed merchant but just enjoy being on two wheels. Most of my cycling now is with Karon, my wife and we've had a Hase Pino for the last three and a half years. We did Lejog in 2012 on it. We are members of the Tandem Club. In fact we are co-editors of the club magazine with Karon doing the admin and me putting the magazine together. Karon has an e-bike so we can still go out on respective mounts if the fancy takes us.

raleighnut

Legendary Member
:welcome:

OP
OP
rojobe

rojobe

Thanks all.

Dogtrousers

Kilometre nibbler
Hase Pino? Crazy machine. First time I saw one of those out of the corner of my eye my brain was doing somersaults trying to figure out what it was.

Top Bottom