Advice on value appreciated ……

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Juliansou

Hello everyone,
I'm taking the plunge with a Planet X pro carbon road bike which I’m expecting first week in Jan. it does mean I will have my current Jamis road/gravel bike up for sale (probably). I’d like to sell for a reasonable price - I’m not greedy, just want to be fair all round. I’m not adverse to keeping it but my preference would be to sell.
The details are:
its 3.5 years old. It’s one of three bikes so has had reasonable use but not been caned! ( in the region of 3K miles). Recent service & a chain change approx 9 months ago. Ali frame with Tiagra groupset. Mechanical disc brakes. I would describe the condition as excellent, I tend to look after my things but it does show some signs of light wear. It came with a set of 28s but I’ve added a pair of continental 35s which just about fit. It’s a good road bike, and with the larger tyres it makes a good ‘light’ gravel bike. I paid £895 for it new from Evans cycles.
What do you think? I’ve got a rough idea but I’ll keep quiet as I don’t want to influence anyone!
cheers. 617017

vickster

Legendary Member
£400-450?

OP
OP
Juliansou

Juliansou

Cheers all - that was pretty much what I was thinking, 50% of original purchase price. It seems I wasn’t far out so thanks for confirming - really helpful.

vickster

Legendary Member
Bikes aren’t selling as quickly as they were. My immaculate Genesis has been on a while, not that I’m pushing it

si_c

Guru
That's a nice bike, I'd be looking for around £400 for that if I was selling it, chuck some mudguards and a rack and it's a perfect commuter, Tiagra and mechanical disc brakes make it cheap and easy to service.

Edit to add: I'd probably wait until March/April to list it if you have space - bike prices seem to be a bit depreciated in the darker part of the year.

OP
OP
Juliansou

Juliansou

That's a nice bike, I'd be looking for around £400 for that if I was selling it, chuck some mudguards and a rack and it's a perfect commuter, Tiagra and mechanical disc brakes make it cheap and easy to service.

Edit to add: I'd probably wait until March/April to list it if you have space - bike prices seem to be a bit depreciated in the darker part of the year.
Thanks - good point about the time of year!

Chislenko

Veteran
Bikes aren’t selling as quickly as they were. My immaculate Genesis has been on a while, not that I’m pushing it

Yes, item on the news today about people regretting lockdown purchases, hot tubs, pizza ovens and bikes amongst the top items. I think we may see a glut of second hand bikes pop up for sale soon.

vickster

Legendary Member
Yes, item on the news today about people regretting lockdown purchases, hot tubs, pizza ovens and bikes amongst the top items. I think we may see a glut of second hand bikes pop up for sale soon.

OP would be best to sell soon then before the market is saturated with newer less used bikes

Joffey

Big Dosser
Hello everyone,
I'm taking the plunge with a Planet X pro carbon road bike which I’m expecting first week in Jan. it does mean I will have my current Jamis road/gravel bike up for sale (probably). I’d like to sell for a reasonable price - I’m not greedy, just want to be fair all round. I’m not adverse to keeping it but my preference would be to sell.
The details are:
its 3.5 years old. It’s one of three bikes so has had reasonable use but not been caned! ( in the region of 3K miles). Recent service & a chain change approx 9 months ago. Ali frame with Tiagra groupset. Mechanical disc brakes. I would describe the condition as excellent, I tend to look after my things but it does show some signs of light wear. It came with a set of 28s but I’ve added a pair of continental 35s which just about fit. It’s a good road bike, and with the larger tyres it makes a good ‘light’ gravel bike. I paid £895 for it new from Evans cycles.
What do you think? I’ve got a rough idea but I’ll keep quiet as I don’t want to influence anyone!
cheers. View attachment 617017

What size is it?

OP
OP
Juliansou

Juliansou

What size is it?
I’m sure it’s a 54cm although I can’t confirm this from the original sale paperwork! I’m about 98% sure - I’m 5’9” and it’s a perfect fit. I’ll dig out all the original info/geo figs etc before I sell.

Top Bottom