A Watershed Moment?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

a.twiddler

Veteran
A Watershed Moment?
While in the process of selling the Sinner trike I spent some time browsing the bay of e and came across a later, aluminium version of my steel, disc braked EBC Revolution Country Explorer. My Country Explorer is like the Last of the Mohicans in my bike garage -the last diamond frame bike I still own. Up to now I've kept it for nostalgic reasons, dutifully pumping up the tyres and applying oil from time to time. It was probably the most comfortable "proper bike" I've owned in recent years, until my neck stiffened up. For the first time since I got into recumbent bikes the thought crossed my mind, "should I sell it?". Now the trike has gone, there is more room in the garage, and there would be even more if I sold the Revolution. Room for yet another recumbent...? That way madness lies.

Looking back, I've not ridden it on a meaningful ride for nearly three years. It's useful to have an anonymous bike for short local trips, but I tend to use the recumbents anyway. I've had some sort of folder for several years, and currently have a Brompton (but its potential nickability puts a damper on some trips) which is useful for car/bike, train/bike journeys.

The extra space would be nice, but non classic used bikes don't seem to sell for much at the moment, even steel ones.

Does just having that thought finally make me a "proper recumbentist" or is it merely another symptom of galloping recumbentitis? Hmm.

Top Bottom