A Lap of Australia Record Attempt

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

steveindenmark

Legendary Member
He will probably get this record as he has become a good unsupported ultra distance rider. Having a crew behind him will make a huge difference to what he is used to.

I usually like to follow what Lachlan is doing but I cannot get excited about this record attempt. It is something that will rarely be attempted, if ever and only then by someone who has a lot of time and money on their hands. I always preder unsupported records.

I was wondering how they set out the course and then found this;

• For the purposes of this record "around Australia" means visiting these cities around the coast of Australian mainland: Perth, Bunbury, Albany, Eucla, Port Augusta, Adelaide, Geelong, Melbourne, Bairnsdale, Wollongong, Sydney, Newcastle, Brisbane, Gold Coast, Rockhampton, Townsville, Darwin and Geraldton.
With regards to the current record;

First set by Arthur Richardson, who left Perth in June 1899 and returned 245 days later, having ridden the entire circumference of the Australian continent, it now stands at 37 days, 20 hours, and 45 minutes, a time set in 2011 by Dave Alley of Brisbane.

I also found this article about Irish rider, Brian Taafe, who rode it unsupported on a recumbent. The daily mileage he did is crazy.

https://roadrecordaus.weebly.com/news/unsupported-around-australia-record-smashed-by-over-5-days

Top Bottom