FREE 54cm 531 Competition frame 1979, 531 forks plus parts - seized seatpost and stem - Dewsbury, West Yorks

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

DCLane

Found in the Yorkshire hills ...
Would anyone like a 54cm frameset, handlebars, stem, bottom bracket, seatpost, mudguards, Weinmann brakes, cantilever brakes and the rustiest Campagnolo front derailleur I've seen that still works.

The frame has a Reynolds 531 Competition decal, with the forks having a 531 decal. The seatpost, bars and stem are SR. It originally came from Two Wheels Good in Leeds and has a 'H' logo on. There are some other stickers which someone stuck on and I can't get off. The frame dates from about 1979 from dating the parts.

Originally this would have been top end kit, but someone's left it outside in the rain is my guess. The result is rusty bolts, a seized seatpost and seized quill stem. Most of the paint on the frame has been worn off / come off and it's rusty underneath. Needs a complete re-spray or, if you can get it working, it's a useful 'pub' bike.

I've removed the wheels, crankset, pedals, saddle, shifters and rear derailleur from this photo:

h-bike_1-jpg.jpg

Which looks like this now:

PXL_20240809_125507180 (1).jpg

Someone take it away please? I'm in Dewsbury, West Yorkshire and it is also on eBay at a penny!

Last edited:
Top Bottom