2015 Dawes Galaxy Cromo for sale/swap for hybrid/trekker (no longer available)

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

RichardB

Slightly retro
Dawes Galaxy Cromo, classic British touring bike, current model, four months old, under 100 miles, never seen a wet road, mint condition.

I bought this bike in July, and it was a mistake. I don't get on with the drop bars or the STI brakes/shifters, although in every other respect the bike is superb. Spec is listed here: http://dawescycles.com/product/galaxy/

Condition is as it came out of the showroom, not a mark on it. I got the shop to replace the saddle with a Brooks B17 narrow in honey colour, and I have added a Cateye computer and a rear light. Currently 53 dry miles. Tyres still have the bobbles on.

Cost me £829 in July. I'm looking for £620 or very close, or swap for a good quality hybrid/trekking type bike, cash either way. Prefer steel frame, rigid, disc brakes but open to suggestions. Located in West Wales, but can deliver within reason or meet half way for the cost of fuel only. PM me if interested.

odd%20stuff%20052_zpsjqupqiok.jpg

Last edited:

Pale Rider

Legendary Member
Size?

Fairly certain it will be too big for me, but others will be interested.

Slioch

Guru
Probably a silly question, but why not swap the bars & shifters and have a very decent bike which will last you many many years?

OP
OP
RichardB

RichardB

Slightly retro
Size?

Fairly certain it will be too big for me, but others will be interested.

21" or 53 cm from BB to seat post collar. (As a guide, I am 5'11.5" and it is right for me, but there is plenty of adjustment in the seat height as per the photo.)

Edit: on the invoice, the size is 54 cm. It is comfy for me with a 32" inside leg.

Probably a silly question, but why not swap the bars & shifters and have a very decent bike which will last you many many years?

This is being discussed in another thread here but it's mainly a problem of how far you go with modifying a brand new bike before it becomes better to move it on and start again. It's a really nice bike, and rather than hack it about I have decided to sell/swap and start with something closer to what I really want and need. It was an impulse purchase, mainly from a sentimental attachment to a Galaxy I had 20 years ago, but for the kind of riding I am doing it was a mistake.

Last edited:

Slioch

Guru
This is being discussed in another thread here but it's mainly a problem of how far you go with modifying a brand new bike before it becomes better to move it on and start again. It's a really nice bike, and rather than hack it about I have decided to sell/swap and start with something closer to what I really want and need. It was an impulse purchase, mainly from a sentimental attachment to a Galaxy I had 20 years ago, but for the kind of riding I am doing it was a mistake.

Fair do's. :smile:

Top Bottom