2 New Members from Newcastle UK

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

chrismisterx

Hi there,

New to the forum and new to the hobby of cycling.

My name is Chris and my wife, Joanne is looking forward to being here and learning a few things, well learning everything as we are complete newbies, my wife hadn't been on a bike for over 30 years ( until the other week ) and I never really cycled at all.

We live in North Shields and cant wait to start our journey as new cyclists, being a coach potato I hope this will be a way to meet new friends, get fit and get to spend some quality time with my wife visiting the local area and further a field. I think reaching our mid 40's its time to slow down a little and enjoy life more since the kids are grown up and what better way but touring around on a couple of bikes.

So I am sorry to say going to have a ton of questions!!!

annedonnelly

Girl from the North Country
Hi Chris & Joanne,

I'm in Blyth. From North Shields you've great access to plenty of cyclepaths - north up the coast, along the river towards Newcastle and over the ferry and southward.

There are a few groups doing beginners rides if you feel you need some friendly support to get you out and about.

Hope you enjoy your bikes :smile:

OP
OP
chrismisterx

chrismisterx

Hi Chris & Joanne,

I'm in Blyth. From North Shields you've great access to plenty of cyclepaths - north up the coast, along the river towards Newcastle and over the ferry and southward.

There are a few groups doing beginners rides if you feel you need some friendly support to get you out and about.

Hope you enjoy your bikes :smile:

Thank you for the warm welcome and the beginner rides sounds very interesting, something to look into for sure.

Pale Rider

Legendary Member
Watbike are based in Ashington but do rides from the Cobalt business park. And there are rides out from the Cycle Hub on the quayside. I can't remember who organises those ones.

There are two or three informal groups which use the Cycle Hub as a meeting point.

Worth having a ride in on a Saturday or Sunday morning and a sniff about.

I'm sure there's a few leaflets in the cafe area, even if there might not be quite so many cyclists as the weather closes in.

Hi Folks :welcome:

ozboz

Guru
Hiya , I worked in North Sheild a few years ago but we stayed in S Shields, had a nice time there, my Mate lives in Hebburn , im due a visit there, one of my plans is to Peddle from Hebburn cross the River to N Sheilds and then upto Edinburgh , should be a top ride , its called Coast and Castlles Tour ( or similar ) and maybe a visit into the National Park , Prob next year now around easter maybe ,

OP
OP
chrismisterx

chrismisterx

Hiya , I worked in North Sheild a few years ago but we stayed in S Shields, had a nice time there, my Mate lives in Hebburn , im due a visit there, one of my plans is to Peddle from Hebburn cross the River to N Sheilds and then upto Edinburgh , should be a top ride , its called Coast and Castlles Tour ( or similar ) and maybe a visit into the National Park , Prob next year now around easter maybe ,

That sounds fantastic and I am off to google the coast and castles tour!

Top Bottom