2 Frames For Sale

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Hacienda71

Mancunian in self imposed exile in leafy Cheshire
Having a clearout of my garage and I have two frames that I am doing nothing with and can't see me doing anything with soon, so thought I might as well sell them.

Frame 1 is a mid 90s pearlescant white Raleigh R100 chromo frame. It has a few chips and scratches as you would expect for a 15 to 20 year old frame. There are one or two bits of light surface rust around the dropouts etc but nothing structural. I have thought of building it up as a winter bike, but as I have a Ribble as well for the inclement months it seems a bit of a waste. Salient points:
1. 58cm
2. Band on front mech
3. 1" headset. I think they came as threaded but I ran it with a Cane Creek threadless.
4. Main tubes are double butted 4130 chromo tubing.
5. Has mudguard clearance and eyelets for guards.
6. Vertical droupouts
7. Price £25

raleigh1.jpg
raleigh2.jpg
Raleigh3.jpg

Next and don't get excited is a mid 1970's Eddy Merckx frame and forks. It is one of the gas pipe ones mass produced in conjunction with one of the big bike manufacturers of the time. I stripped it back to bare metal a few years ago and rattle canned it and used as a winter hack for a year. It has suffered chips and scuffs as you would expect , there are also one or two bits of light surface rust, but nothing structural. It would make a nice budget fixie or SS if that is your thing. I have left the square taper BB in.
Salient details:

1. 58cm
2. No Braze ons
3. 1" threaded headset
4. 27 x 1,1/4 wheels
5. Horizontal dropouts
6. Mudguard eyelets
7. 125 mm rear spacing
8. Price £15

Merckx1.jpg
Merckx2.jpg
Merckx3.jpg

Any questions or if you want better photos feel free to ask.
I would prefer not to post. Collection from South Manchester/Cheshire.

John Edmondson

Might be a bit heavy that. Thank you though, this is the sort of thing I'm looking for! :smile:

Having a clearout of my garage and I have two frames that I am doing nothing with and can't see me doing anything with soon, so thought I might as well sell them.

Frame 1 is a mid 90s pearlescant white Raleigh R100 chromo frame. It has a few chips and scratches as you would expect for a 15 to 20 year old frame. There are one or two bits of light surface rust around the dropouts etc but nothing structural. I have thought of building it up as a winter bike, but as I have a Ribble as well for the inclement months it seems a bit of a waste. Salient points:
1. 58cm
2. Band on front mech
3. 1" headset. I think they came as threaded but I ran it with a Cane Creek threadless.
6. Vertical droupouts
7. Price £25

View attachment 28233
View attachment 28234
View attachment 28235

Next and don't get excited is a mid 1970's Eddy Merckx frame and forks. It is one of the gas pipe ones mass produced in conjunction with one of the big bike manufacturers of the time. I stripped it back to bare metal a few years ago and rattle canned it and used as a winter hack for a year. It has suffered chips and scuffs as you would expect , there are also one or two bits of light surface rust, but nothing structural. It would make a nice budget fixie or SS if that is your thing. I have left the square taper BB in.
Salient details:

1. 58cm
2. No Braze ons
3. 1" threaded headset
4. 27 x 1,1/4 wheels
5. Horizontal dropouts
6. Mudguard eyelets
7. 125 mm rear spacing
8. Price £15

View attachment 28236
View attachment 28237
View attachment 28238

Last edited:

Peter Armstrong

Über Member

1. 58cm
2. Band on front mech
6. Vertical droupouts
7. Price £25

View attachment 28233
View attachment 28234
View attachment 28235

Salient details:

1. 58cm
2. No Braze ons
3. 1" threaded headset
4. 27 x 1,1/4 wheels
5. Horizontal dropouts
6. Mudguard eyelets
7. 125 mm rear spacing
8. Price £15

View attachment 28236
View attachment 28237
View attachment 28238

First one still for sale?

Top Bottom