1983 Peugeot mixte for sale. Completely rebuilt! £120.

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Rhythm Thief

Legendary Member
I've spent far more in time and money than this thing is really worth, but on the plus side it's probably in better condition now than it was when it left the factory, and it absolutely oozes retro cool and style. Rebuilt with new bearings everywhere it has bearings (including the lovely Lyotard pedals and the original Maillard 5 speed freewheel), as well as new cotter pins, brake blocks, tyres and cables. I've cleaned up the original steel rims, washed and polished the frame, ultrasonically cleaned everything and put it all back together. It's a great bike - I've been using it to get around town, but to be honest there's no reason you couldn't use it for longer rides - but I have too many bikes and need some space in the shed! It's a large frame at 56cm c to c equivalent, and it fits me at 5'11" and 31" inside leg. The frame number dates it to 1983. It's absolutely original, even down to the dress guards on the rear mudguard. The mudguards, incidentally, are really solid nice quality items in stainless steel. The dynamo lighting works, although if I was using it regularly at night I'd supplement it with modern LED battery lighting. It still has the original dealer sticker on it, being sold by Overbury's of Bristol. There are a few minor chips in the paintwork but nothing too terrible. I'm looking for offers around £120. I'm sad to see this one go, but it's a definite luxury and I could use the space in the shed! Collection from Ross on Wye preferred, but message me if you really want it and live far away and we'll sort something out.

DSCF0661.JPG

DSCF0662.JPG

DSCF0663.JPG

DSCF0671.JPG

Last edited:

biggs682

Itching to get back on my bike's
@Rhythm Thief that is beautiful and a rare to find a decent size Mixte frame

Top Bottom