Worried.

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

postman

Legendary Member
Our lad has had a 111 page report yes one hundred and eleven page report on the house he has put an offer on.there are some nasty surprises involved.We think he should walk away.Roof chimney unexplained damp between house next door.Won't say anymore.Too young to put someone elses problems right after offering over the asking price,i am gutted for them both.

Jameshow

Veteran
Our lad has had a 111 page report yes one hundred and eleven page report on the house he has put an offer on.there are some nasty surprises involved.We think he should walk away.Roof chimney unexplained damp between house next door.Won't say anymore.Too young to put someone elses problems right after offering over the asking price,i am gutted for them both.

Presumably the mortgage provider will want to walk away too.

Slick

Guru

Its a no brainer, leave it for someone else.

To be fair, some may well be a simple fix, but roof, chimney and flashing issues is a perfect storm unfortunately.

OP
OP
postman

postman

Legendary Member
Its the roof and damp internally i am worried about.Floors up joists roofing slates broken chipped some not level a slight bulge of a wall of kitchen extention and a bowed bathroom window as though caused by downward pressure and a loft space crammed with owners junk.

Cycleops

Legendary Member
This is what surveys are for. Unless they're easily fixable best walk away. Tell the vendor, maybe they're aware and might offer a large price reduction. If it's an old house as seems likely grants may be available from the local council, check it out.

Jameshow

Veteran
Sounds like a cash sale builders do upper.
Buyer beware.

If it's a solid old house with potential it's not something that's beyond pail and a better investment than a modern house imho. But it needs to be priced accordingly.

Last edited:

Kingfisher101

Über Member
This is what surveys are for. Unless they're easily fixable best walk away. Tell the vendor, maybe they're aware and might offer a large price reduction. If it's an old house as seems likely grants may be available from the local council, check it out.

Good luck with that one... Blimey.
If its got all those problems then he needs obviously to walk away as has been said.

Top Bottom