what is a cyclist and................Are you a cyclist?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

welsh dragon

Thanks but no thanks. I think I'll pass.
If you ride a bike regardless of how many miles you ride or not, whether you ride two miles a day or fifty, you are a cyclist. The end really.

OP
OP
S

steve50

Disenchanted Member
If you ride a bike regardless of how many miles you ride or not, whether you ride two miles a day or fifty, you are a cyclist. The end really.

Not according to Bradley Wiggins.....
Comments by Sir Bradley Wiggins have raised the question of what it takes to be a 'cyclist' is riding a bike enough to qualify you as a cyclist or is more required - like a British Cycling membership card? - See more at: http://road.cc/content/news/182612-what-cyclist-and…-are-you-one#sthash.tJjimBc3.dpuf

welsh dragon

Thanks but no thanks. I think I'll pass.
In that case there are a hell of a lot of Cyclists on CC who arnt cyclists simply because they don't belong or are members of a particular club. Forget what anyone else thinks. If you ride a bike thats it.:okay:

Berk on a Bike

Veteran
i_cycle_therefore_i_am.jpg

OP
OP
S

steve50

Disenchanted Member
One comment I found rather interesting, opinions please gents and ladies,

BikingBud [15 posts] 1 week ago

Might be a little philosophical but to me cycling is a mindset and an approach, to other people that ride bikes and to other road users. Enjoying the space, the fresh air, the social aspects of a group ride with like minded people.

There are lots of poeple that ride bikes for different reason. I have witnessed fashion victims, lycrad up MAMILS riding like choppers in and around large groups, shouting for a right of passage as if they own the road. Not being aware of those around them or the need to let others know there is a parked car or pothole or drain cover, not letting people know what is going on chopping and changing lines, cutting people up. I often feel these will be the same choppers that tailgate and flash when they are in their fashion victim, perceived to be prestige German cars and they feel they are being delayed.

Strava warriors for whom a 100m segment is a challenge, really get a life and go and do a TT, no segment should be less than 5 miles.

These people may be on a bike but they have no sense of the responsibility, the respect, the brotherhood and I would probably not consider them to be cyclists merely people that use cycles.

screenman

Legendary Member
I think some German cars are very good, I feel some cyclists do not like anyone who is not like themselves.

I see a cyclist in a group riding badly I will tell them so and educate them, if all experienced cyclists did the same standards may rise.

classic33

Leg End Member
One comment I found rather interesting, opinions please gents and ladies,

BikingBud [15 posts] 1 week ago

Might be a little philosophical but to me cycling is a mindset and an approach, to other people that ride bikes and to other road users. Enjoying the space, the fresh air, the social aspects of a group ride with like minded people.

There are lots of poeple that ride bikes for different reason. I have witnessed fashion victims, lycrad up MAMILS riding like choppers in and around large groups, shouting for a right of passage as if they own the road. Not being aware of those around them or the need to let others know there is a parked car or pothole or drain cover, not letting people know what is going on chopping and changing lines, cutting people up. I often feel these will be the same choppers that tailgate and flash when they are in their fashion victim, perceived to be prestige German cars and they feel they are being delayed.

Strava warriors for whom a 100m segment is a challenge, really get a life and go and do a TT, no segment should be less than 5 miles.

These people may be on a bike but they have no sense of the responsibility, the respect, the brotherhood and I would probably not consider them to be cyclists merely people that use cycles.
Trail Blazers?

Top Bottom