Velo Viewer

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Supersuperleeds

Legendary Member
Not been.chasing tiles lately as doing a fair bit of riding with GLW, building up to Etape Caledonia. Have my eyes on a few if I can find some free time...

If you use a garmin, get yourself this

https://apps.garmin.com/en-US/apps/e53331b6-55db-475a-99e9-3f567327e7ce#0

Never miss a tile again with it

Solocle

Über Member
Search party for @lazybloke last seen heading up a dead end bridlepath that turns into a rutted muddy path muttering "I need this square ,I may be sometime "

Ah, comedy off-roading.
fahLZRRSCjjM1btvIHghR0UzWOtMti408L_JjPus-2048x1536.jpg

UphillSlowly

Making my way slowly uphill
If you use a garmin, get yourself this

https://apps.garmin.com/en-US/apps/e53331b6-55db-475a-99e9-3f567327e7ce#0

Never miss a tile again with it

I have a Wahoo and GLW bought me a Karoo 2. Don't subscribe to strava as use intervals and the app for tiles on android doesn't work on my phone. So planning is time consuming. May do it on GLWs Strava account...

Tbh was a bit disheartened recently when I thought I had joined two areas but my numbers hardly changed...

13 rider

Guru
A few days in Whaley Bridge which I rode to back from Leicester a 1 ride while I was there saw me add 36 new squares total now 6097 and added 33 to max cluster total now 36 , Managed to add a couple of layers over my max squares top left corner which is just above Ashbourne so quite at bit of elevation was gained

lazybloke

Considering a new username
Say goodbye to any loved ones, you have now come over to the dark side.
Sat down about 6:45pm tonight and planned a route purely for gaining veloviewer squares; the first time I have done so. What have you lot started?

I thought evening traffic might be bad, so I used a shared path to get to Guildford, then the Downslink to get further south before heading west into unexplored lands.

Search party for @lazybloke last seen heading up a dead end bridlepath that turns into a rutted muddy path muttering "I need this square ,I may be sometime "
Hmmm. I was really enjoying the tiny lanes through fields as the last daylight faded and the stars began to dot the sky. Then the garmin mentioned "Bridleway".
It started off like this, which was acceptable:
1714440184887.png

Then it turned much more narrow as it wound it's way between trees down a hillside. Firmly packed mud gave way to liquid mud, churned up by hooves until it was a wheel-sucking and foot-sucking nightmare. The path also narrowed, nettles closing in both sides, which I could feel on my legs (through my lycra).
1714438976346.png

It went on a few miles before emerging onto a private road then onto a mystery A road. Didn't have a clue where I was, but the Garmin was telling me to turn left into an alley. "What alley, I'm in the middle of woodland and farmland!". God help me!

Thankfully it was a fairly solid farm track which took me back to the Downslink. Headed north and reached the village where I'd turned west earlier. This time I turned east, filling in two squares on the map, then onto much more familiar roads and home by about 11:15pm. Quick bath, then sat down on the sofa with a mug of coffee and the laptop. Fell asleep for a while, so the coffee's cold.

Extended my veloviewer max square from 11x11 to 13x13.

Don't know what state the bike's in, but my cycling shoes are covered in mud. Apart from that, quite an enjoyable ride of 41 miles or so.
1714440709154.png

Last edited:
Top Bottom