Top Touring Tips

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

freiston

Veteran
Searching for someone with a mapping route capability

If I'm understanding your posts (here and in other threads), I'm guessing that you want the Northern Tier/trans-am route mapped (though I have never heard of it before). If that's correct, then the gpx/kml file can be downloaded from bikemap.net but you need a premium account (which I don't have). There's also the route on a zoomable map. If I'm wrong, then back to square one - I don't know what you are after.

https://www.bikemap.net/en/r/3828731/#2.69/45.16/-95.44

All uphill

Still rolling along
I'm a couple of weeks away from my third cycle tour in the Netherlands.

My first tiny tip is to take and wear some old well-used clothes and shoes. Then towards the end of the tour lots of stuff can go in the bin, reducing weight and bulk as the legs become tired.

Jameshow

Veteran
Wow! it doesn't feel that long ago.

In my search for high energy low bulk foodstuffs, I soon became aware that carbs (including sugars) and proteins both have 4 calories per gramme and fat has 9 calories per gramme - and no matter what I do, I can't increase that. As ever, water and fibre add to the bulk. It seems that those three-course meal pills I heard so much about as a kid belong at the implausible end of science fiction :sad:.

Begian buns one for now and one for later + meal deal are my favourite touring lunch. Coop preferred but other supermarkets are available.

Top Bottom