Should I buy this bike?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Pat "5mph"

A kilogrammicaly challenged woman
Also, I don't have padded shorts.
Happy new bike day @Mk-Verstappen! :bicycle:
Saddles are really a personal choice, if you find a cheap one buy it and try it, you never know.
After a few changes, I now have Aldi's Selle Italia on my bikes, love it, they stopped making it but I accumulated half a dozen through the years :biggrin: Also, you can adjust your saddle's tilt too, this can help.
On a new to you bike, many small adjustments could be needed till you feel comfortable.
Adjust the saddle a bit, ride a few miles, see how you feel, if needed adjust again.
Padded shorts are not indispensable - personally I dislike them - certainly not indispensable for short distances.
But the trousers you are wearing in the picture are not suitable: you need something like running or keep fit leggings.
You need something that doesn't restrict movement on the bike, that doesn't have seams chafing your nether regions - very important! those jeans you're wearing will chafe - and the ankle bit needs to be fitted, not floppy, so that you won't get caught in the chain.
Depending on the weather you are riding in, mountain bike shorts or longs are good, or any running leggings.
Before splashing out on new gear, you could try second hand/charity shops first, to have a feel for what kind of clothing style feel comfortable on the bike for you.

OP
OP
M

Mk-Verstappen

Regular
Happy new bike day @Mk-Verstappen! :bicycle:
Saddles are really a personal choice, if you find a cheap one buy it and try it, you never know.
After a few changes, I now have Aldi's Selle Italia on my bikes, love it, they stopped making it but I accumulated half a dozen through the years :biggrin: Also, you can adjust your saddle's tilt too, this can help.
On a new to you bike, many small adjustments could be needed till you feel comfortable.
Adjust the saddle a bit, ride a few miles, see how you feel, if needed adjust again.
Padded shorts are not indispensable - personally I dislike them - certainly not indispensable for short distances.
But the trousers you are wearing in the picture are not suitable: you need something like running or keep fit leggings.
You need something that doesn't restrict movement on the bike, that doesn't have seams chafing your nether regions - very important! those jeans you're wearing will chafe - and the ankle bit needs to be fitted, not floppy, so that you won't get caught in the chain.
Depending on the weather you are riding in, mountain bike shorts or longs are good, or any running leggings.
Before splashing out on new gear, you could try second hand/charity shops first, to have a feel for what kind of clothing style feel comfortable on the bike for you.

Thanks!

Top Bottom