Now then

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

top-tube

Über Member
Hello to all at CC. Like others, I've lurked for a while, and now taken the leap. Now mid 40's, cycled a lot as a lad in the Peak District (time trials and touring). Then discovered beer, ladies and fags. 25 year break! Now rediscovering my love of cycling, but very confused that everything has changed (wheel sizes for goodness sake!):wacko::tongue:.

Now located in Edinburgh, with limited time available (small demanding people at home), only real option to get out there is commuting: 25 miles each way to work (Edinburgh - Bathgate). Still, managed it twice so far this year (lordy was it windy going East this Monday:cry:). Aiming for twice a week when the sun shines, and the wind stops.

Lovin the commute, but I clearly look like a newbie, cos 7/10 of the guys passing me in the morning seem not to acknowledge. What is that all about? :biggrin: I did have one pannier, which seems to be a no-no. Still, I'll still keep gurning at them, and saying 'mornin'.:smile:

MadoneRider1991

Über Member
welcome and hello :tongue:

Gerry Attrick

Lincolnshire Mountain Rescue Consultant
Great to have you aboard t-t (if I may be so familiar). It is always good to have someone returning to cycling as I did some years ago. Immerse your weary body in the wisdom of the forum and drink deep of the pleasures within. (Oh s**t where did that come from?):tongue:

Top Bottom