New cover of Charlie and the Chocolate factory

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Inertia

I feel like I could... TAKE ON THE WORLD!!
Just seen the new cover and its a wtf moment for me

_76819429_charlie-&-the-chocolate-upr.jpg

"The image is not intended to represent either Veruca Salt or Violet Beauregarde, publishers say", Then whats the point? I remember the cover on my old copy (below) which I loved as a kid, doubt any kids would know what the hell the new one has to do with anything.

CCFfront.tif.jpg

That photo is just plain creepy.

OP
OP
Inertia

Inertia

Looking at more news on it, its the adult version cover like the weird adult versions of Harry Potter, Its still creepy as people have said and Im not sure there is much point, I loved it as a kid but doubt I would ever go back to read it.

Don't really get the point of adult covers anyway,. just man(woman) up and be comfortable reading what you like.

OP
OP
Inertia

Inertia

TMN to Beebo

While I was typing damnit!

Saluki

World class procrastinator
Oooh, creepy or what. What is wrong with adults being seen reading kid's books anyway?

I too have Charlie with the old (proper) cover. I've read it to rags over the years. I certainly wouldn't buy the book with it's somewhat disturbing cover. What the heck is that cover trying to portray for heaven's sake.

Heifer73

I wondered, why a child, who looks like Barbie, is sat on an adults lap, but you can't see the adults face. It looks perverse. I love the original cover.

Top Bottom