I'm like a ( not very good ) Lance Armstrong (sort of)

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
Today I rode a hilly route (not normally my bag, I avoid them if I can). I found that I was getting up the hills much more easily than usual today, and my legs were recovering very quickly. I couldn't work out what was going on, then it dawned on me. I've been suffering from psoriasis / Excema, on my legs, owing to riding in poor winter conditions ( mostly ). The quacks have prescribed me some ointment, to apply directly to the legs. Upon closer inspection, the ointment is a strong steroid:eek:. It works a bloody treat though:laugh:.

Supersuperleeds

Legendary Member
Tell us what I need to say to the Doc so I can get some.

winjim

Smash the cistern
It seems unlikely that a topical corticosteroid would have that effect. Are you sure you're not just better at hill climbing than you thought you were?

Cuchilo

Prize winning member X2
Never suffered with the legs giving up , the lungs are the first to go .

Gasman

Old enough to know better, too old to care!
The corticosteroids in creams for eczema and the like are not androgenic or Anabolic (if anything they are catabolic). They are analogues of cortisol which helps control carbohydrate metabolism. They also have an anti inflammatory action which is why they are used for eczema and the like. It is possible to suffer systemic side effects from cutaneous absorption of topical steroids but you'd have to slap the high potency stuff all over yourself for quite some time to get enough. Performance enhancement as described above would be highly unlikely.

Top Bottom