Howdy from Slough... for now

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

takeonafrica

Thought I'd finally register and get chatting, although I've been reading the forum for a while now.

Bit about me - Helen, 28, currently living near Slough.
I'm an enthusiastic mountain biker but going to give touring a proper go... Quitting work to cycle 20,000 or so km to South Africa.

Went for a ride up in the Wirral at the weekend, got a puncture and a friendly passing cyclist fixed it for me, which was kind since I didn't have a repair kit or pump with me. Think I'll need to be better prepared for the big trip!

Hoping in two years time, I'll be able to say 'Hi' from Cape Town and offer advice here rather than be requesting it!

Have set up a website which I'll be updating along the way if you're interested in following my progress: www.takeonafrica.com - I leave in July...

Cheers.

Hello Helen - better South A than Sluff eh? Have fun.

colly

Re member eR
Well I can understand getting away from Slough............but South Africa is overdoing it don't you think? :sad:

OP
OP
T

takeonafrica

Thanks all!

the mtb's being left behind - it's been well used and abused and figured it was time for a new bike... so have spent an obscene amount of money on a Thorn Raven Tour!

Top Bottom