Hello playmates!

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

unfitbikerchick

Thought iI should stop lurking and actually get around to registering on this lovely site :smile:
Some names I already know from elsewhere but an intro for those who are thinking "who is this strange woman", I am Yvonne, 40something, overweight, unfit (painting an attractive picture here arent I ?:biggrin:) but I like cycling.

I started posting my journey back into cycling on my blog www.unfitbikerchick.wordpress.com which a number of people i meet on the rides i go on say they actually read (so please post comments folks!) Its not all cycling as life gets in theway alot - like at present I have a new kitchen being done which has meant all the boxes with old kitchen contents inside are blocking me from getting to the blimming bike!!!!:smile:

I am rubbish at knowing the terms for anything - my lovely bike geek friends are trying to educate me but are often found shaking their heads in dismay - hence why I have lurked here ages before posting as i wasnt sure if i would understand the language spoken :biggrin: (Although if i stray off beginners it gets a bit scary :biggrin:)

So thats me, hope i can get chatting to some of you folks soon :smile:

summerdays

Cycling in the sun
Welcome... the clever folk on here are very good at working out what bits you are talking about ... there are plenty of people including me who don't always remember what the part is called.

Nadeen

Hi Yvonne,
Im new too, im 40 something too, im a bit over weight, hence the cycling, I just lost 4 stone so now I want to tone up while I do the last leg of the diet.

Good to meet you, where in the uk are you?
Im in Cheshire/Wirral

HAPPY CYCLING :smile: :smile: :smile:

OP
OP
U

unfitbikerchick

Hi Nadeen and summerdays

Thanks for the warm welcome and congratulations on the weight loss Nadeen I am hoping to shift 3 stone in a controlled, long term way but having no kitchen for almost 3 week now is NOT helping!!! :sad:

I am in the South east, south London/North kent depending on who you are talking too :biggrin: If you check my blog you will (once you get past entries about my kitchen, daughter etc :biggrin:) find some piccies and info of the type of rides i have done - longest so far 40 miles, but i was pretty dead after that onexx(. I am also slowly writing my own , personal unfit guide to cycling. i stress personal as its based on my experiences only and not a scientific in any way perfect account of the best way to do things ;)

I hope we all enjoy our cycling and using this site togetehr and look forward to chatting on here with you ;)

Banjo

Fuelled with Jelly Babies
Welcome to Unfitbikerchick (though I havent been on here long myself) and huge admiration for Nadeen on loosing 4 stone. I need to loose a similar amount ,have lost 7lb since starting commuting on the bike about 6 weeks ago. Ive changed my route to avoid a busy road so now its 3 miles each way,not a lot but it is steep uphill most of the way home. I cant put it off much longer so will have to now look into more healthy eating to shed a few more lbs.

Best bit is I enjoy cycling more than I expected to. Anyway ,Good Luck .Cheers.

ianrauk

Tattooed Beat Messiah
Hello © User3143
And welcome to the site...

Nice blog... and notice a pic of Bromley's very own Steve W with your good self

unfitbikerchick said:
longest so far 40 miles, but i was pretty dead after that onexx(.

That's a good distance to start with - I'm only up to 60 ish, but I don't get as much time as I'd like on my bike...

I used to live near Croydon, so you'd be in sarf lundn!:tongue:

:biggrin:, by the way, from Sussex.

Top Bottom