Hello from sunny Huddersfield!

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Tillyfloss

Hi everyone. I gave up smoking in February and bought a bike last month to try and help stave off the weight gain. I'm really surprised at how much I'm enjoying it! I'm 43, 5' 2" and 13 st 6lb, and affectionately known to some of my friends as "barrell". The area I live in is very hilly and when I set off on my bike I have no choice but to tackle the hills. I do have to keep stopping for a rest, but things are getting a little easier each time I go out.

I must admit that on a couple of occasions I've thrown the bike in the car and drove down to the canal so I don't have to finish my ride cycling back uphill. Does this make me a wuzz?

Anyway, that's me, hello to you all!.

jig-sore

Formerly the anorak
hello and welcome to a fellow newbie :sad:

all i can say is, do what suits you best. ride when you want and how you want. the moment you stop enjoying it is the moment the bike gets left to rust in the shed.

Welcome Tillyfloss and good effort. Nowt wrong with chucking the bike in the car occasionally, do it myself sometimes.

Sittingduck

Legendary Member
Hi Tillyfloss :ohmy:

Welcome to CC. You'll find a lot of folks in a similar position to yourself here and plenty who will serve up advice and friendly banter regularly. You might even get some hill climbing tips :sad: (I always look out for threads discussing hills and gearing for them, as I struggle myself).

Anyway keep up the cycling and don't forget to update us with your progress!

Cheers,
SD

Soltydog

Legendary Member
Welcome aboard :sad:

I use dto live in Bradford, so know what the hills are like round there & if putting the bike in the car & driving to the canal for a ride makes you a 'wuzz' then I am too, cause that's what I did often in Bradford :ohmy:
Moved to East Yorkshire now & it's all flat, so no need to go in the car now :smile:

OP
OP
T

Tillyfloss

Thanks for the replies! I've set out on many "get Fit" regimes in the past, running, walking, aeorobics, etc. But I've never kept them up more than a couple of days. I'm loving the cycling. I may not be fast, and I'm certainly not pretty, but the ear to ear grin I find myself wearing is FANTASTIC.

Top Bottom