Hello from Staines

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

siandjack

Hello All
Im Simon and my partner is Jackie, hence the username, we are in our 40's and we live in Staines near the Thames and do quite a bit of cycling both on and off the road, we both cycle to work every day and mainly use the mountain bikes on the weekend. Jackie and I are pretty new to Mountain biking but we thew ourselves in the deep end last year and we took part in the Trek Marathon at Margon Park, plus we spent a day at Afan, it was bloody fantastic, but it scared the life out of Jackie, but bless her she finished both courses!,we are going to do a few sessions at surrey hills skills course's over the next month or so. We are also taking part in the London to brighton on road bike ride next month.
We are looking to join a bike club to get some riding in with a group, not too serious but people who like to ride and be social.

numbnuts

Legendary Member
Hi and welcome to the forum,
they say vanish is good for stains :sun:

I'm not far away from you both and there are others 'in the vicinity' ;)
You missed the recent Hampshire CycleChat Ride - whaich saw the peloton sweep through the Staines Station toilets en route to Fleet for a pub lunch. succession of 'my first 100 miles' rides by members on here.

Welcome anyway - check out the rides calendar and the 'Informal Rides' bit in Community, for stuff happening nearby.
:biggrin:

Top Bottom