Hello from Somerset

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

smokie36

Hi,

thought I'd say hello to everyone. Been looking at the forums for a few weeks and have made a couple of posts.

I live in Somerset and have recently taken up cycling for two reasons - firstly to get fit and lose weight and secondly because I stupidly agreed with a mate to do the IoW thing which is happening next Sunday.

After a few weeks of training and thinking "I must be mad" this week its really clicked for me...went out for an early morning ride earlier in the week, got home and realised my legs weren't like jelly anymore, then a couple of days later someone in the office remarked that I'd lost weight and then this morning...

Went out first thing, lovely sunny day, riding through the country lanes where I live was just fantastic - I don't think I saw a car for about 10 miles. Came to the big hill that I've always hated and got to the top without having to drop from the front 'big' cog. The icing on the cake was just after this when three cyclists came bombing towards me - all lycra, sunglasses and drop handle bars - about 15 yards before me they all pop up and gave me a cheery 'good morning' as they flew past. Got home with a big cheesy grin on my face which has lasted all day ;)

Just wish I could cycle to work, but unfortunately its just too far (at the moment).

Sittingduck

Legendary Member
Hi Smokie
Welcome aboard. Sounds like another who has well and truely caught the bug! You'll be in good company here at CC ;)

Best of luck with the IoW ride,
SD

yenrod

>Hello from Somerset

If I wave ill you be able to see me..

As its a long way from the north-west to down your way..

:angry:

Top Bottom