Hello from a newby

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
After 20 years out of the saddle, I'm building my first bike and trying to make something that suitable for general road use, commuting and leisure cycling with friends. Perhaps with an eventual aspiration towards Audax at some point.

I have just acquired a Kenisis Racelight T frame (58cm) with carbon forks/headset (1 1/8") and intend to standardise the mechanicals on Shimano 105 or Ultegra (depends what I can pick up S/H at a reasonable price).

I'm afraid that I will probably be posting all sorts of inane newby questions as I try to get to grips with the change in technology, design and new materials.

Sittingduck

Legendary Member
Hi and welcome ;)

Good luck with the build and have fun!
SD

Shaun

Founder
Just make sure you post some pics in the Gallery forum once you've built it so we can all see the results of your tinkering! :blush:

Cheers,
Shaun :laugh:

Phideaux said:
After 20 years out of the saddle, I'm building my first bike and trying to make something that suitable for general road use, commuting and leisure cycling with friends. Perhaps with an eventual aspiration towards Audax at some point.

I have just acquired a Kenisis Racelight T frame (58cm) with carbon forks/headset (1 1/8") and intend to standardise the mechanicals on Shimano 105 or Ultegra (depends what I can pick up S/H at a reasonable price).

I'm afraid that I will probably be posting all sorts of inane newby questions as I try to get to grips with the change in technology, design and new materials.

Hi Phideaux!

That should be a nice bike when your done. I have just purchased a Racelight Tk (a little lighter, but not a huge difference). Have a look here, it might give you some ideas.

;)

Top Bottom