Faraday Box

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

GilesM

Legendary Member
Erm, their models are all in the top ten stolen cars - the security is zero. They are almost un-insurable.

Mine is very much insurable, I agree some models are definitely too easy to steal, but the later ones (post 2022, also older ones with ongoing factory security upgrades) are much less likely to go missing, you can disable the keyless entry very easily, and it can only be reactivated with the Key fob inside the vehicle and the ignition on. Obviously I'm biased, but my biased view is based on having a green oval badged car for the last 8 years.

Drago

Legendary Member
you can't steal it without the key being right there, in the car

You can if you have the original brick sized CONSULT and the software for your cars build era. The only good news is its old tech, there aren't many units about now and it's been a long time since I saw one on eblag.

Use a disklok.

I've had a DiskLok for over 25 years, it's been n a lot of cars
The only issue I've had with it, apart from it being a big lump of metal to have inside the car, is the keys
After about 20 years the plastic started to disintegrate, so all 3 keys are held together with Araldite

20240508_165052.jpg

@GilesM
My last Land-Rover (110Td5 'Heritage') was terrible, I was surprised how easy it was to get into it
No tools needed, that's all I'll say
I showed my pal, the same trick on his 90Td5, & he was gobsmacked

Last edited:

Drago

Legendary Member
I recently upgraded to the Disklok Diamond, extra anti angle grinder tech. The old one was best part of 20 years and and now goes on the Volvo.

The Diamond was f#£%&@g expensive, but its not half as expensive or inconvenient of having the cer nicked, or some sheetbag doing a load of damage trying. One sight of the Disklok they walk on by. It did come with a natty carrying bag though.

Top Bottom