Bikemate Computer (again)!

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Littleme

Hi, I'm new and although I found many topics already discussing the Bikemate computer, none of them solve my problem.

I just bought one of these, fitted everything, measured my wheels, sorted mph etc and I can hear the magnet 'click' as it passes under the transmitter but nothing is happening on the screen to show that it's registering as I spin the front wheel.

I can't see the battery being dead as it's fresh out of the packet... what am I missing?
blush.gif
Thanks!

DSC01770.jpg

Nice Fork's, reminds me of mine :-)

Looking at the pic it seems to be a wireless system, with some systems you've got to make sure there is a cleanish line of sight between the computer and the sensor, my old raleigh was bad for that, I had to make sure my break blocks etc. weren't obscuring things. Another thing with some set up's is the distance between the sensor and the computer, your's is maybe too far.

OP
OP
L

Littleme

Thanks for replying so quickly!

I took the computer off the handlebar and held it next to the transmitter to see if that helped... but it didn't.

I've pushed the transmitter so close that it almost touched the magnet. Pulled it back to about 3mm away and still it clicks but doesn't register on the computer when I spin the front wheel or when I pass the wheel back and forth past the transmitter.

I'm getting stressed about it
wacko.gif

Pic of the magnet for good measure.

DSC01785.jpg

Nebulous

Guru
Is that an Aldi one?

They're not very good. I had one which didn't register speed at all. I managed to get it swapped and my second one had some major problems so I gave up. Life's too short to persevere when something is as annoying as that.

OP
OP
L

Littleme

Thank you both.

You're right, it shouldn't be this complicated!

My Dad bought it for me and I doubt he's got the receipt - might try my chances returning it to Aldi and get another make.

What a shame. It seemed like a decent bit of kit for the money and I was rather looking forward to seeing how devilishly fast I go..... downhill
rolleyes.gif

Thanks again!

al-fresco

Growing older but not up...
I have a cheap (£5 from Aldi) wired computer. It works fine for speed, average speed, trip distance and total distance etc. I was thinking of replacing it with a wireless model but I just keep reading or hearing of bad experiences with them - a friend spent over £100 on a wireless Catseye and after a lot of fiddling he ended up binning it.

apetijan

Hi,

I have the same speedometer (bikemate) bought in ALDI. The quid is to put the static sensor IN REVERSE (so you can see the battery tap from the side and the word bikemate looking to the wheel).
It took me a time to figure out. I think it is designed in this way to make easier to change the battery...

Anyhow, it works perfectly when you set it up like this.

I am sorry I replied so late (the post is from 2011) but I was looking for the manual (I lost it).

I hope eventually you did not trash it.

Cheers

Top Bottom