Anyone ever walked into a glass door (or similar)

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Ripple

Veteran
Once. In a hotel. I went to the shower and walked straight into the plastic/plexiglass/whatever shower doors without even stopping. I think I was without contact lenses then. My reactions were the following - "wtf was that" - "damn that's LOUD" - "all hotel must have heard it" - "that is absolutely hilarious". Didn't break neither myself nor the shower.
I still laugh at myself every time I remember this. ^_^ even when I'm typing this. ^_^

ColinJ

Puzzle game procrastinator!
Once. In a hotel. I went to the shower and walked straight into the plastic/plexiglass/whatever shower doors without even stopping. I think I was without contact lenses then. My reactions were the following - "wtf was that" - "damn that's LOUD" - "all hotel must have heard it" - "that is absolutely hilarious". Didn't break neither myself nor the shower.
I still laugh at myself every time I remember this. ^_^ even when I'm typing this. ^_^
The house I rent has a big shower with 2 glass sides. When I first moved in the glass was so clean that I could barely see it. At the end of my first shower I tried to walk straight out through one side, bounced off, slipped, and fell. I don't know how the glass (and I) didn't break!

I came up with a foolproof way of avoiding the problem... I don't clean the glass! I give it a quick wipe after a shower, but that leaves enough marks to make the glass visible.

When my 21 year old nephew was young, about 2yo, he used to like watching two large wood pigeons who visited the front lawn at the same time every weekday. He'd look out this medium sized window, about 1.5x2m.

Well this day I visited he was napping at that time and and I was in that room relaxing. I got a bit of a shock when I heard a sound that my first thought was a shotgun fired outside the house. So I took a look, nothing.

Then I saw something on the window, then it twigged what happened. There was a lkind of dust and oil shadow of a large pigeon, wings wide open with the full outline including beak and tall present!

After laughing and explaining to my sister i had a thought. I looked down below the window. Yep! There it was, dead. No idea if the window killed it but being skewered by a recently pruned rose stalk could have made sure of it. Which made us laugh even more!

Then the reality of me having to put it in the outside bin before my nephew saw it. From that day on they see a single wood pigeon on the lawn at the same time every day!

Accy cyclist

Legendary Member
Not a glass door, but a perspex sheet. During and after that lockdown stuff, as you know we had perspex sheets around shop tills supposedly to stop airborne infection. I must've head butted so many panels as I just could not see them, especially when they were new and not scratched. The ex Mrs Accy's parents had a German Shepherd dog when she was a child. It had a habit of chucking itself at the window whenever her parents left the house, leaving the dog on its own. Her parents came home one day to see the dog dead, half way through the broken glass of the window it'd broken by chucking itself at too hard, breaking the glass, cutting itself badly and bleeding to death.:ohmy: This was in the 1970's when most folk had single glazing, making it easier to break than double glazing. At my parents house in those days they had frosted glass doors. On hearing of someone falling into one and dying from their injuries my dad a coachbuilder/joiner replaced all the glass doors with fully wooden ones.

Rickshaw Phil

Overconfidentii Vulgaris
I did it at a car showroom years ago. Dad was talking to the salesman about his next company car (he worked for Austin Rover as it was then) so I decided to stroll over to have a look at the cars out on the forecourt and BANG!.........Nobody saw that did they?:unsure:

classic33

Leg End Member
Took the glass out of a door at school.
In the later stages of a seizure/fit/call it what you want, that started on a cross country run.
The teacher rang the school to get a car out to pick me up. They couldn't keep hold off me getting out of the car, and I took off. Straight through the door.
Not a mark on me, but the door needed repairing.

Top Bottom